Wednesday 10 October 2007

Quilt Dreams and Works in progress

I have been looking at my fabric stash and contemplating ...well...things.

This is the blue and cream fabric that I will be making my second Dear Jane Quilt from - I will call this one "Blue Jane" - perhaps she will help me wash my tears and worries away!








This lovely fabric is 27 fat quarters of batik fabric - I am not quite sure what I will do with it but want to make a quilt (obviously! LOL) Any suggestions .....??
















This beautiful fabric is from Moda and I am wanting to make a quilt for my mother's lounge. She likes square in squares ... so I am contemplating the best way to use this fabric.

















This fabric reminds me of childhood dreams of vibrant colour, flowers and my dream to become a graphic designer .... has not happened to this date but I dabble in art and designed my business card logo for purrfectly quilted. I also am designing pantograph patterns but have not yet had enough courage to show anyone these....maybe another day.
















This little beauty is a partially made baby quilt - it was a two for one pattern and the other pinwheel quilt went to my sister's first grandchild. This one...when finished will be given to my sister to keep for her grandbabies when they come - no more on the horizon at this stage so I have lots of time yet ..grin!














This is my hand piecing project - I am making a huge quilt for my husband and our bed. So far I have made about 18 blocks and they are quite time consuming to piece. I have every block cut up and in a separate sandwhich bag, all the sashings and corner posts are cut and ready to go. I just have to finish making about 42 blocks - another long term project. this one comes with me to the beach when we go camping.
















Here it is looking quite inconspicuous in it's little crate - just begging for me to open it up and get stitching.







2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

great materials........can't wait to see what you do with them......

Elly D said...

Hows about a Dear Hannah quilt with those gorgeous batiks?