Monday 16 June 2008

I'm Back........!


Well - I'm finally back home after 7,500 kilometres riding my motorcycle to Townsville and back. What a long trip - a very good and well deserved break though!
I didn't do very much sewing - just a few dozen hexagons ready for my blue and white hexagon quilt, and started a couple of Dear Jane blocks...have to see where I am up to with that one.
We had a pretty uneventful trip, missed most of the rain that the Eastern Coast had and the biggest yucky thing was that a lady (on a mobile) drove into our parked bikes and knocked them over - smashing our helmets and causing some damage to our bikes and luggage - luckily it will be fixable and we got new helmets that same day as they were unusable after being crushed.
We got to see a friend from Cairns who I hadn't seen for 11 years, friends in Coffs Harbour, Sydney and Ballarat - met up with the Dear Jane quilt group at the Bernina shop in Penrith for a lovely morning of chatting and sewing. Spent time with my husband's parents which was nice. I think I may be mellowing ....lol!
The next big trip will probably be Albany in Western Australia in 2010 to go to the Ulysses Annual General Meeting there. Good fun - and anybody who rides a motorcycle and is over 40 should join their local Ulyssess group - one of the best social groups I have been involved with.
Anyway back to the quilting for now ... I purchased some lovely Moda fabrics that will be released in August/September this year and will make some table runners which I may sell (need money now!)
Good to be back home though....Chat soon Jane x

No comments: