Saturday 31 July 2010

Life is Beautiful ... and Zentangles in Tasmania

I finally finished appliquing the small circles on this quilt - Helen Stubbings - Life is Beautiful.  You might remember that I decided not to use the sashings and I am happy with the effect, how the circles frame the embroidered circles ... now for some fun with quilting this.












See how the coloured circles frame the embroidered circles - lovely.











Finished a quick little quilt for myself ... freehand quilting.











Big hearts and little hearts.













The back - I really shouldn't use white backs - although I love them.











.
And if you haven't been over to my other blog site - janemonkstudio ... here is a little bit of what it is about.  My drawing, specifically my ink drawings.   I teach this method of drawing called Zentangles, to anyone even if you think you cannot draw - anyone can do this - really! - it is a wonderful way to practice patterns that you can use for your quilting backgrounds as well.    

So if you want a 2.5 hour art experience, come join me in a workshop where you will learn how to draw some simple string lines and fill them in with patterns.  We have all done doodles, now take it a step further and make your own mini works of art. No previous drawing experience required to participate.  This is an anything goes class with simple tools and techniques you can take away with you and expand into your own style.   You will be surprised at how good your Art will look. Get a group of six together and book in a workshop.

3 comments:

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

I love the quilting on your red heart quilt!!! Very different, lots of stitching going on there. Love it, love it, love it!

Yvette said...

I really like how your Life is Beautiful came out without the sashings. It is something to consider when I get to that point.

Bec said...

Life is Beautiful is fantastic! Looks good without the borders. Your quilting is very creative, looks fantastic on the back - I wouldn't worry about using white backings, if you like them, use them.