Sunday 22 August 2010

Quilting meets Zentangle

Spearmint Twist ... A green table runner I made for my mother.

I did utilse the quilting space to showcase some background filler quilting and a few ideas I have for border treatment.


In October I will be teaching a class at the AMQF in Adelaide ... this is a machine quilting show that is open to both longarm and domestic quilters ... it is set to be a great show with fantastic teachers both Australian and International ... go and check out the web site and book in for a class.


Below are more pictures of this quilt so you can see the closeup of quilting.   I have used Zentangle patterns and modified them to be suitable for quilting.  Enjoy


































































This border pattern is based on the Zentangle pattern "Paradox"








I hope you enjoyed looking at these pics ... click on the picture to get a closer look.

Vist the AMQF website here to book classes in Adelaide.   I hope to see you there.

Happy Quilting for now ... Jane x

3 comments:

Fran C said...

Lovely table runner Jane and the quilting really compliments it.

V A N I A said...

Beautiful the fabric, beautiful your work and perfectly the quilting.
It's so lovely.
bey vania

quiltjude said...

beautiful, your mum will be thrilled