Saturday 11 August 2007

Melbourne - Pat & Lorraine & Pussycats

When I was in Melbourne - I arrived at my hotel and got into the lift - who should have been going "UP" but Lorraine - you should have seen her face when I said "Are you Lorraine?". I also got to meet Pat - who makes some absolutely gobsmacking embellished quilts (I call them art quilts because they are works of art - fabric, beads, colouring, tassles, big time BLING - and she has one that should come live with me - I have the perfect place for it in my hallway!!)






While I was in Melbourne - Pat presented me with a pair of pj's with pussycats on them and the word "Purrfect". I wear them a lot - even as I sit here typing. So when I got home, my sister and I were being two silly nuts and this is just one of the photos. James' childhood teddy is sitting in the corner with his hat pulled down - can't bear to see all the sillyness - but then I guess he is an "old" teddy!

A big thanks Pat - I really appreciate all the support you have given me in my Newbie state as a machine quilter. You really do have a heart of gold!

2 comments:

Waterfall Manor quilts said...

Next time before we take photos could you get the snapper to say, pull those guts in ladies..well to me anyway..great to see you in dem jammies..I love mine too..couldnt resist them for "the purring lady", as Jane has become known in Tassie already, she has a mighty future ahead of her,winning a highly commended after owning a machine for 4 days..on ya Jane.xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

We already exchanged siggies and now I know what you look like. I love your blog and will visit it again.
Greetings from The Netherlands,

Annelies