Thursday 26 June 2008

Dear Jane Siggie Swap 2008, Birthdays and Hexagons

Well...I arrived home from holidays to my lovely bunch of siggies from the Dear Jane Siggie Swap 2008 ...about 125 siggies I think - last year I made a siggie swap quilt from the blocks I swapped - you can see this in my "Siggies" link.

They are beautiful - some are simply delightful, all are lovingly made and I love them all..


And last week it was my birthday - so here are some of my birthday cards from the Tas Scquilters Birthday Squishie swappers.. and beautiful blue fat quarters - two of which look very suitable to go into my Dear Jane quilt.










And this little fellow is a birthday siggie that I made for myself - I was needing to try out some glitter and fabric medium which I wanted to use on the birthday swap siggies - this is also for the Dear Jane Alternative Siggie Swap group - I can't believe I have joined up to swap 86 birthday siggies - oh well - when I get mine I can add them to my 2008 DJ siggie top.










My hexagons are growing - I have now done almost all of the white background hexagons (there are over 600 white 1 inch hexagons in this bag) - but still have about 42 blue flower blocks out of 68 to put together - most are tacked ready to construct the flower patches - then the big job of putting the quilt together - I want to finish this year as this will be a quilt for entering into a show - to showcase my machine quilting skills...



Did I say I loved quilting- LOL!

No comments: