Monday 5 January 2009

A sneak peek at what I have been up to

I have been busy creating over the last month - hand dyeing fabric and designing a "Cat" quilt for a friend. So here is the sneak peek as no borders have been added yet!

My snail trail cat quilt in autumn tones













And this quilt using my B&W fabric and my hand dyed colours...A friend of mine said she loved cutting and piecing but didn't actually need any more quilts - so I gave her my B&W stash and a selection of my hand dyed fabrics with the pattern for this quilt and said "here you go - have fun" .. So big thankyou to Barbara - you have done an absolutely lovely job of piecing this quilt for me. I just need to add borders to these two quilts and I can have fun quilting them.













And......More Double Delighting from Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt. This is Part 5 - the final block - that is 9patches (the other one is Part 4). I am now ready to put them all together.... Can't wait to see the final quilt and decide on borders and binding.



Happy Quilting until next time ... Jane

2 comments:

antique quilter said...

Love the quilt your friend made you! the splash of color in the blocks are awesome.
looks like your having a great start to 2009
Kathie

Anonymous said...

Looking great, I can't wait to get the nie patches finished today.

cheers
Christine