Friday 21 August 2009

A Different Idea?

Okay so the cats are not the different idea - lol! But they are growing big and are still naughty but cute! this is Jet and Merlin aka Mouse and Rabbit this morning. Playing around in my clean washing!










And these are some hexies for a swap of sorts ... I made them last night so I am ready to go.
















And this is my little idea I had ... might not come to anything though. I wondered what it would look like - a Dear Jane block with one fabric reverse appliqued. My technique needs a bit more care but I quite like the look of it - this is block A1 -Pinwheels Gone Awry - what do you think?















And these are a couple more blocks that I have pieced ... I am nearly officially half way through my DJ quilt - yay!


Happy Quilting for now . Jane

2 comments:

Teaquilts said...

Interesting concept of one fabric reverse applique blocks - very creative. I like it very, very much. The tone on tone effect while still having the design is great.

Lynne said...

Hi Jane,
I've just hopped on over from the Quilt Along sites. Needless to say your Diamond Hexies are looking good and most impressive. You seem very organised. It will be a lovely quilt.
Using fabric reversed gives a totally different look and feel to the block.
Jet and Merlin look very cuddly.