Thursday 1 October 2009

Quilts and more Glorious Quilts

These are some of the beautiful quilts at our recent Launceston Patchwork & Quilters group - it was a beautiful exhibition and these are quilts that I have quilted.

This beautiful quilt is by Marie and which was custom quilted by me - taking the leaf motif's out into the background - I just love the pieced border in this quilt too.












This next quilt is by Moira - loved quilting this one - very fun!



















This one is a friendship quilt pieced by Barbara O. for Robin.



















I loved this one so much that I am making one - this one is by Helen H.



















This is my stand at the exhibition with some of my quilts - most people were intrigued at the paper patterns that we use on our quilting machines - the white wholecloth was a hit (and yes it is for sale - see my website and in the last photo you can see some of the Journal covers that ladies have made in a class with me.

















Exciting news is that next month's Down Under Quilts has my Journal Cover project in it - you can see how to construct the journal cover that I use. Embellishment is a personal thing so anything goes. The electronic version is out now.

Happy Quilting for now ... Jane

1 comment:

Quilts on Bastings said...

Hi,
Looks like you had some beautiful quilts at the exhibition. I saw your journal cover in DUQ - well done, it is always fun getting published.