Tuesday 13 April 2010

A Bit of This and a Bit of That


We have been away to the beach for Easter and the school holiday.   After the past couple of months that we have had, the break away from the norm has been a godsend.   There is something very soothing about sitting watching the sea, fishing, being lazy and not having to think about anything other than what to make for dinner.  James caught fish, so we had about five beautiful meals of salmon freshly caught.

While away, I decided only to take my drawing things, (I know, I know - it is terrible not to take some hand sewing ... but drawing has been calling me back for awhile)  I have been sitting on the beach or in the caravan drawing my little black and white tangles.  I have started a new blog just for my artwork and it will have pretty much anything I do relating to my drawing.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.    http://janemonkstudio.blogspot.com 


Another little taste of my 3x3's.












This is the life hey!  James fishing - or just feeding the crabs his bait - lol!

After a few years of not catching any fish when we went away, we finally hit the jackpot and caught quite a few feeds of fish - very nice indeed.
Our  caravan is parked just where I am taking the photo from  -  a very beautiful free camp spot - but probably not for very much longer as it is getting busier and busier with campervans and campers. Although there was none near us for at least half a km.


Or perhaps just nosing around outside - as far as the harness will let me go!  Jet just loves nosing around.











Okay - I'm tangled up - now what?
Merlin cries when he gets a little bit tangled or thinks he is tangled because he has worked out that we come over to him and sort it out - clever boy.










It's just too much - Jet says - leave me alone!












It's been a very busy day for two little cats camping.












And Shadow is glad to be home again ... she can get away from the two little rascles Merlin and Jet.



I am back quilting tomorrow - working on those beautiful quilts and catching up with phone messages.   Hope you are all having lots of quilt time.

Hugs
Jane
x

3 comments:

Lindi said...

What a beautiful spot to camp and get away from it all. It looks wonderful.
My son and his Fiancee are moving to Tassie in the next week, so maybe I will get to visit there some time!

Valentina said...

Jane, Interesting art! wow!
:)
thank you for those pix. I could frame those Melin's! and that one of Jet sleeping... I just want to cuddle up to him!

sharon said...

Babies look like they had a tiring time. Must have been all that sea air to make them sleep so peacefully.