Sunday 24 October 2010

Edge To Edge Patterns & Basting

This is a lovely hexagon quilt that I did for one of my customers ... we decided on an Edge to Edge pattern - also called "AllOver".   This quilt is going to a teenager and would be likely to be washed regularly.   The big all over pattern also left the quilt soft and drapable.

This is the left over blocks that I incorporated into the backing (I also make up backings if required)

The overall effect was great.
I also provide a Basting service for hand quilters ... Basting on the longarm keeps all three layers nice and smooth and square.  I quilt with a big tacking stitch in rows about 3.5 to 4 inches apart ... if you are interested in this service please contact me.



I am happily engrossed in quilting again after a few weeks away this month.

I will only be taking a few custom quilt bookings per month from now on ... so if you want me to custom quilt for you, contact me so I can schedule your quilt into my diary.  I am currently booked until mid January 2011.   I am happy to take your Edge to Edge quilt bookings continuously ... I have a 2 to 3 week turn around for these - less if you have pre-booked.

Happy Quilting for now ... Jane x

No comments: