Thursday 7 October 2010

Home Again

Hi ... I am home again and have had a wonderful four days over in Adelaide at the AMQF.  Tracey Browning and Sharon Parkinson have done a fantastic job of organising the event, plus all the volunteers, teachers, vendors, and the quilts ... there were some beautiful quilts.  I did take photos but not many.      I must have been too overwhelmed to take too many photos.  

 This the BEST OF SHOW by Rachelle Denenney "Fancy Flutterbys" - couldn't get close as it was up on the stage.

I did a few classes, loved Helen Stubbings class on Colourque - she is a great teacher.  Michelle Turners Wholecloth class was great, Belinda Betts class on using those darn rulers was good - learnt a lot and Raylene Smith's classes were very inspirational - so much so I couldn't wait to get home and get back on the machine to do some custom quilting - thank you to everyone of you - we have some really top class Australian tutors.  My classes on Zentangle went down very very well ... I saw lots of Zentangles being done over the weekend - see you all can draw really well!    I ran into some familiar faces and met a lot of new ones.  I purchased a wonderful Salem cutting mat from Constantine Quilts and it came home with me on the plane - with some other stuff I wrapped up, the weight was 9kg over - and the airline did not charge me for this - WOW - I am very happy about that ... perhaps it was because our flight was delayed for over two hours, which would have made me miss the connecting flight, but it was late about an hour as well ... so I finally arrived home very tired but happy.

I am back at the quilting machine for a few days before I head off to the United States for the Zentangle accreditation workshop .... getting a bit nervous now about flying by myself all that way  but I'm sure it will be okay.

Will show you what I have on the machine at the moment when I have finished it. ..... Happy Quilting for now - Jane x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be just fine by yourself, have a wonderful time

cheers
Christine

Raylene Smith said...

wish I could go with ya and hold ya hand...what a great opportunity for you...you will shine...