Tuesday 23 November 2010

I'm Still Here!

 I can't believe it has nearly been a month since I posted ... I am here and I have been working.  Although I did sprain my Extensor ligament - at least that's what I think you call it - my wright arm elbow to wrist - very sore.   Slowly getting back to it though.

I can't show you the whole of these quilts but I thought you might like to see the border I did ... it is a Zentangle pattern and you can see more of those over on my other blog http://janemonkstudio.blogspot.com 


 This border is really neat ... takes a long time to do ...; but is neat.

 On the back
 Front again.... this time I have arranged the patterns so they create little fans.
 A nice Edge to Edge pattern on a beautiful purple quilt ... somthing about purple!
 I just love this backing - from Widebacks ... they have a really bright yellow as well which I love ... other colours too.

Did I mention that I have all the swatches for the Wideback fabrics ...so you can see them before I order them for you.
 This little guy was walking around our back yard last week ... we think he lives in our very big woodpile.   Wasn't too shy and let me get really close to take a photo ... very cute.
 Had enough of the camera and was on a mission to get home.
What do you think about this "border" pattern ... I made it up myself ... it is a cross between a leaf and a butterfly ... I do like it and will probably use it again.

Okay that is about it .. sorry I haven't posted for so long.  I have the Christmas quilting rush at the moment so will be away from the computer a bit ... but I'll try to keep you posted on what I'm doing.

Happy quilting for now ... Jane x

No comments: