Saturday 27 November 2010

Workshop & Zentangle for Quilters Workshop

 This week for a couple of days I was in Ulverstone doing a workshop at Cranberry Crafts.  Lynne had arranged for Robyn Alexander of Colour STreams to come and do a two day workshop.   I booked this early this year and had no idea what I would be doing.

I must say I am really happy that I did do this workshop ... I learnt how to do nuno felting which I had never done before and expand on dry felting ... it was a lot of fun.     The kit I chose was a little bag in Olive tones.  This is the kit with absolutely everything that I would need, more than enough to complete the project.
 This is my finished bag ... I am very happy with it...don't know if I will be walking down the street with it (although I might).  I have learnt some very good techniques that I can expand on and use in my own way.   If you get a chance to do a workshop with Robyn Alexander - DO IT - you won't regret it.  She is very supportive and a very easy teacher to learn from.  Thanks Robyn and thanks Lynne for bringing her down here.  She is back next year I think!
Now onto the other workshops ... If you want to learn how to do this .... I am having a workshop at Esmes on the 4 December .... you will need to contact Lillian at Esmes (click on the link to get to her store) to make a booking (and I am not sure how many - if any - spaces are left ... give her a call.

I will also be doing this workshop "Zentangle for Quilters" at Cranberry Crafts in January 2011  and Michelle's Sewing Basket in April 2011.

For now it's back to the quilting for me ... Hugs Jane x

3 comments:

Raylene Smith said...

love the cute little bag Jane..I can see why you had fun doing that workshop....it's a must have...

Quilt knit said...

This Bag is just Beautiful! I know you will have lots of fun with it for a long time to come.

crafTlyn said...

Yours is the first finished bag I have seen. Beautiful! Booked Robyn again for next year, same time. Looks like you are coming to Ulverstone two weekends in a row, because the fabric postcard class on the 15th is a goer!!! And so will the Zentangle for Quilters if I could just get myself untangled!!