Sunday 6 February 2011

600 or so half square triangles

 I couldn't rest until I had done something with at least one UFO ... I had this box of 600 or so half square triangles in shades of blue.   I was going to make an Ocean Waves quilt but changed my mind and then left the little blocks just sitting there.   Cleaning up my quilting room I found I had lots of UFO's.

So ... yesterday I pieced those little blocks all together into this 57 x 57 inch quilt, put the borders on today and quilted it with the pattern Waterworld using a nice varigated blue King Tut cotton thread ... and put the binding on.  I will be able to stitch the binding down tonight.


 A close up ... you will see that there isn't quite enough constrast between the lights and darks to make the pinwheels really noticeable ... but I like the overall effect.
The backing fabric ... I used a pale blue thread on the back so it blended.

Happy Quilting for now ... Jane x

5 comments:

Leeanne said...

very nice soothing affect.Your backing fabric is 'Purrfect'.

Michele T said...

Awesome!! This gives me a perfect idea for a quilt for my DH's 60th bday! Thanks for sharing.

Keri said...

just beautiful! congratulations on you wonderful work and finishing a UFO too!!

V A N I A said...

So beautiful!!!!!! i like it so much!!!
the quilting is so lovely.
vania

MamaDaniel said...

very lovely... love the color front & back.. :D