I woke up very early this morning - around 3.30am - as I couldn't sleep. So off I go downstairs and trim up Block 1 . Then I see Bonnie has uploaded Part 3 of her mystery quilt. I also see that she has used some more light fabrics - and I wanted to use something other than the pale blue I had used in Block 1 .... quietly delving into the stash in the middle of the night, I found a metre of this lovely Sanctuary fabric and have used that for the 9 patches.
I found that I had to make 20 strips at 1.5inch Width of Fabric for the Lights and 25 strips at 1.5inch WOF for the pinks - this gave me strip sets: Light/Pink/Light = 5 and Pin/Light/Pink = 10 - enough to make the 130 9patch blocks.
Here they all are hanging around early this morning about 8am.
Then cutting took another hour ... here we are ready to piece into little 3.5inch 9 patch blocks...very cute.
Here are my three blocks so far .... Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.
I had better go and do something else now otherwise nothing will get done this weekend.
Happy Quilting .... Jane