Friday 15 January 2010

Jacobean Applique



Isn't this a beautiful quilt ... I absolutely love the georgeous applique ... very very fine stitching and a beautiful array of colours used. I have quilted this quilt with my own freehand fancy background filler and freehand feathers in the borders.  My customer was very happy with the finished product.  I would have been happy to keep this quilt ... it is very lovely and very fine workmanship.

You all know my longarm machine is NOT computerised don't you!  So everything custom I do is freehand and ruler work. 

But I digress ... isn't this quilt lovely.  To make a Jacobean applique quilt is on my to do list!






A close up of one of the blocks
















 
And another












And this little beauty is a Hug Quilt for a friend who is a longarm machine quilter ... quite a few of us made blocks, I put it all together and quilted it.  I know Pat was very very surprised to receive it - but she deserves it.   Hugs to you Pat!



So that's all for now,  back to the quilting machine for me .... Jane x

2 comments:

Sarah E. said...

WOW! This is lovely work! Plus Jacobean is my all-time favorite style, but goodness, the quilting is excellent beyond compare, and the photography SHOWING the quilting is really really well-done!

dors said...

A purfect way to atart the New Year with a wonderful journal Doris