Tuesday 10 April 2007

Quilt Tops Made


Last night I was playing around with EQ6 and made a red and white strippy quilt. I have always wanted a strippy quilt and had some fabric which would look good. This morning I cut and pieced this large single bed sized top in under one and a half hours. When I get my APQS LongArm I will be able to practice quilting cables or even feathers on it - can't wait.




This is a quilt top I put together on Saturday morning - lap size simple four patch - the sister in law of a lovely lady I work with has cancer - she has two young children. I decided to make a quilt for her to take to chemo and radiation therapy (interesting thing is that my sister works as a radiation therapist there). Anyway - I thought her family could sign some hearts for the back of the quilt. Also good for me to practice my long arm skills on soon. This is a close up of the quilt top..... I love the heart fabric - got it on line through The Craft Mailbox (they are very helpful girls there).



This next top is one I finished piecing on Friday night - I made it for the husband of a neighbour / quilt buddy, who has recently had a stroke - I hope to have it finished very soon but want to quilt it on my long arm.....(I had better get really good on the long arm in a very short space of time! lol). I deleted the picture I had of the full top (but it is the same pattern as the pink one) - so here is a close up that I didn't delete!


Now I have to get back to EQ6 to draw some more - or I could go play with my Dear Jane software ..... oh the choices *grin* ....... and it is off to work again tomorrow so I had better make the most of being at home. Cheers for now.


No comments: