Friday 8 June 2007

Quilting for a Friend in Need

This is a quilt I made for a friend of mine's sister in law. She has cancer and this is her second time around with chemo - so not doing too well at the moment. She turned 40 recently and I arranged for some muslin squares to be signed with pigma pens by her family and friends - I then added these into a border on the quilt. It is a really good lap sized quilt. I have quilted it with my own freehand designs (you might notice I love making paisley feathery things)














Another pic of the back





















And finally .... the front.





I am sure this quilt will be well received as it has some lovely messages from friends and family. Quilting is a really good way to send love and hugs to people who are in need of it. Oh..and everyone loved being part of the conspiracy - the big people most of all I think!!
Oh and this is my own design both quilt and quilting - I am pretty happy with it. The fabric looks better in life than in these pictures.

1 comment:

Waterfall Manor quilts said...

Jane, you are fabulous,keep up the great work,hope your friend has a speedy recovery and enjoys her quilt, thats made with loads of love and great creative positive energy..well done mate..cheers Pat