Friday 20 July 2007

My Quilts

These are a few things I have been working on ... The white quilt is a small version of a wholecloth - similar to the one I have entered into the Australian Machine Quilters Exhibition in Melbourne on the 27th July 2007. Along with my red and white strip quilt....I can't wait to post pictures. Wholecloth quilts are one of my favourite types of quilts - there are so many possibilities with them.





This very colourful quilt was made to show my pantograph skills - I quilted the pattern "flower star" over it - very hard to see though in the picture. I loved making this quilt - the placement of dark and light value fabrics was a bit of a challenge - some were medium and I had to make a decision on what group to put them into. This was fun - and I ended up making enough blocks to make two of these quilts - so just have to put the other 12 blocks together and think of how to quilt it - I might custom quilt the next one.





I only used 26 fat quarters plus the border fabric for the top.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors of this quilt, happy and bright!

Lots quilting fun from Holland!
Willeke