Sunday 9 September 2007

Huge Machine Wholecloth

This is the quilt I made for my Mum and Dad. Mum wanted a quilted cover to put over the bed so it looked nice - I had the fabric - so got to it. The pattern is the same as my other white wholecloth quilt (Luscious by Hermione Agee). I have put double lines along where the quilt hangs off the bed and then I have put vertical lines spaced about 1cm apart on all the panels that hang off the bed. I put a line of vine leaves in the end panel. I really enjoyed making this quilt and it took me a huge three day effort (including binding). I washed the quilt after I had quilted it - and was amazed at how much it shrunk - never mind - Mum now has a lovely quilt that covers the whole bed to the floor. (I really loved making this quilt)

Not too sure about the end corners though - I still might cut them off .

It is also reversible - here is the back (blue) before I bound it.
















And here is the front - you can't really see the pattern very well.
























1 comment:

Waterfall Manor quilts said...

WOW mate, your mothers bed must be hugh..guess that was all the kids could fit in it with them on sunday mornings..lol..quilt looks wonderful..rounded corners would be nice..cheers,glad you ahd a great break..xxPat