Thursday 27 March 2008

Posting for March

It has been a funny sort of month - don't they say "Beware the Ides of March"....oh well.

Here is a quilt I made from two packets of 5 inch charm squares. I am really happy with this quilt and I have quilted it with the pattern "Woodgrain" I first made the quilt and had it hanging for awhile because it wasn't quite right - so I added the half colour blocks and then a 7inch white border - I a really happy with it now - did I already say that!!




This is a close up .... really like the quilting pattern.








And I have to share this beautiful quilt - a hexagon quilt that I have quilted in the ditch around each and every hexagon - whew! I also put a pattern designed by me with my Circle Lord templates - into the flowers. This is a picture of the back - love the effect - it looks so much better close up as the pale green thread really makes a statement on the back but doesn't overpower the front colours.


I was so inspired by this quilt that I got out my own blue and white hexagon quilt that I am making - have now made 15 flower blocks - 10 over easter. But... another long term project I think .... and I still have my Dear Jane quilt going ...one block at a time.

Hope everyone had a lovely easter break. I was very happy to sit by the beachside this Easter - which is our usual destination over this time - even took the cat with us - she quite likes being in the caravan - although it might be that she is pleased to get out of her travel crate and the car!

No comments: