Saturday 5 April 2008

Minature Quilts - My First

This is my very first miniature quilt - flying geese and saw tooth border. Size is 8x10inch - I even quilted it on my long arm APQS Millennium - stippled and stitch in the ditch. I am pretty happy with this - but next time will have to be a bit more conscious of the geese corners, because I have cut some of them off....but this is the first time I have made geese! Love them!

I am definately going to have to make more miniature quilts - they don't take a long time and cost very little - but they allow you to try designs and colour combinations that you might not want to in a bigger quilt. This one is left over batik scraps from my big quilt that I made with batik fat quarters. I even have enough to make more - who would have thought 1 inch square scraps would come in handy.

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

LOVE this mini quilt! Wow!