Tuesday 18 November 2008

A lot of Quilting since my last post

It has been a busy weekend and early part of this week. I custom quilted this absolutely huge 20 panel candlewick quilt - that's a lot of meandering to make the background sit down and the candlewick pattern take centre stage - almost like faux trapunto. I think I need a better camera though you probably get the idea.

I also did this "Pirate" quilt and I will just show you the back pattern - looked absolutely fabulous on this quilt back with the sand coloured thread.
And one more .... this was a lovely quilt 50/45 or Fight - I think that is what it is called.

So on to the remainder of the week - which is my son's exam week and then school is finished for the year.
A few more quilts to do for the pre-christmas period - lots of people want their quilts back so they can do the binding ready to give the quilts for christmas presents - but a few birthday ones thrown in there as well. As for birthday's my son is 16 at the end of this month, so we don't start thinking about Christmas until after that. Then I am thinking of a few blissful days back out at the beach and I can't wait for that.
Happy quilting ....Jane


No comments: