Tuesday 20 January 2009

More Dear Jane Blocks & My Very First Quilt

These are four more of the Dear Jane blocks I have made this week. They will all need trimming down to 4.5 inches but I will do that when I add the sashing to them.





My Jane's Dear Jane numbers are now at - 70:16:04:1731

And this quilt is my very first quilt I made in 2002. A simple Irish Chain which I have hand quilted - I decided that I wouldn't add more quilting to it but leave it as I first did it. I still like it and it is not too embarassing.
Still going with a large custom quilt at the moment - I really did underestimate the time needed on this one - but it does look good if I do say so myself...
Happy quilting until next time....Jane




2 comments:

Elly D said...

WOW Jane, you've been very busy!! Wish I could get myself being as productive!! Your blocks are wonderful. I love your chosen fabrics and the muslin you are using looks very crisp. (what kind are you using? It looks very lovely)
I've yet to try the fold back type of paper piecing. I may give it a go with some of my triangles. Elly
ps your first quilt does look good, brilliant for a first try.. maybe I'll post mine one day :)

Cyn said...

Hi Jane...I love your blocks; they are beautiful! I love all the pictures, too; very inspiring. You have a great blog & I'm going to follow it.
Thanks,
Hugs,
Cyn:) F.
California, USA