Thursday 15 October 2009

A Great Weekend

Last weekend was a great weekend for a quilter - from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon I was at Camp Clayton for the annual Tas Scquilters Retreat - what a great weekend - lots of quilting, chatting, and none of us had to make meals or clean up. We had show and tell on Saturday night and there were some fabulous quilts .. I took two photos and my camera went dead - forgot to charge the battery.

Anyway - here is my Pandora's Box quilt made from a Bali Pop with some lovely Batik fabric for the border that I got from The Quilt Patch - it was perfect for the border.




















And ... we had a 60th birthday at retreat - Helen D's birthday and I couldn't let the opportunity go by to make a little felted journal cover with some simple quilting with Silk thread and a couple of beads that I got from Cranberry Crafts in Ulverstone. Hope you had a great day Helen.














Coming home everyone was happy to see me ... the little cats (who are one on the 24 October) and the big cat Shadow - she says she has had enough of the little babies who want to be friends with her all the time - she can't be bothered with them - lol!














And just for interest - a week or so ago we had some great gusts of wind and our roof was ripped up ... this is a terrace in the city that was built in 1901 - James and the builder had to get a cherry picker up to fix it and put in some more roof nails as a few sheets were lifted. Thankfully no water damage.














This is part of a beautiful quilt I custom quilted - I have done three of these for three sisters - each different colours but they wanted the same quilting - it is a wonderful quilt.

I will take some more pictures and upload later this week. I have been doing some of my black and white drawings on fabric and made one into a little journal cover - I am very happy with it although it does look very different to my drawings. I have also made a couple of Journal covers for our Girls Night In next week for lucky door prizes - they are fabulous and pink! Oh and a lovely bag I made for my sister but you can't see it until I have given it to her ... will put a post up later on in the week. And finally I am at Cranberry Crafts in Ulverstone on Saturday teaching a wire wrapped doll workshop ... a full class and the ladies are ready to go - how exciting.

Happy quilting for now .... Jane

1 comment:

Margeeth said...

Shadow is gorgeous, is she a main coon?