Tuesday 29 December 2009

Hand Stitching, New Projects, Drawing & Next Year's Quilting


I have succumbed to another hand piecing project ... this is Joseph's Coat  and if you click on the words you can go see other ones being done.    I think I will really like this.  I have chosen a black background and am using some delicious Kafe Fasset fabrics.


These are all my little packs ready to be sewn - I had to have  a mathematical formula for my design and once I worked it out, put all the pieces in little bags - hopefully the final quilt will look lovely.

 
This is another little project that I started (I know I said no more new projects - but how could I resist) ... I saw Helen Stubbings "Life Is Beautiful" posting of her new project ... I have never done stitcheries before other than one piece - a panel of ladies by Brenda Ryan, oh and a little button.    I decided to do this quilt in blue and white - instead of red.  I am not doing any applique - just stitching the panels (which are circles actually).  I am also only using one strand of thread as I like the clean crisp look that this gives.    I have finished 15 and a half - so I am half way through the stitcheries now...I will add some more pics as I go along.



This is my little box of bits ready to go.  I am enjoying this project.



A few of you may know that I draw quite a bit and have been doing "doodles" for a very long time.  These are Zentangles - using some beautiful deckled archival quality paper and ink ... My lovely husband framed 20 of my little pictures .... Don't they look great all together like that.     Last year I also made a journal cover with these drawings - it looks great too ... I will have to get a picture and post sometime.



And last but not least, our very small Christmas morning gathering - just the three of us .... there are 24 of us in our house .... three humans, three cats and 18 fish - I don't count the bugs, of which I'm sure there are many hiding in the wall cavities. We had a lovely Christmas - very lazy but wonderful.  I didn't cook - we had lovely ham and salad for Christmas lunch, a few snacks and believe it or not - no dessert!  We did all miss the beach as it is not often we are home for Christmas. 

My schedule is starting to fill up ... so call me if you want to book a quilt in. I have January and February but I am away for the whole of March 2010, and then back after Easter.

So life returns to normal now - back to quilting everyone - lol!

Happy Quilting and wishing you all a wonderful Happy New Year ... Jane

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness, those Joseph's Coat blocks are stunning on the black background. I was trying to be strong, but now I may have to join everyone in the fun with this pattern. They look so good.

Rose Marie said...

Your version of Joseph's Coat is delightful ... so different from mine and that is what makes this project so interesting.

Lindi said...

Love those Zentangles! And your quil blocks - all of them! They're amazing!