Wednesday 27 January 2010

Quilts, Beautiful Quilts


I couldn't resist - this quilt is beautiful ...  I know I know I say that every time - but really ... this one is ... I love the vibrancy of the Kaffe Fasset fabrics combined with the different blacks.   The quilt pattern is simple and I used an E2E called "Cascade" - beautiful!  This quilt is not mine though ... it was made by one of my customers and I have quilted it for her ... I wouldn't mind if she decided to not pick it up - lol!








This is the lovely backing fabric - from the lovely Brenda at Widebacks in SA - you should have a look at what delights she has to offer! (No affils or brown paper bags either - just very happy with her service)

Don't you just love how the quilting pattern looks on the back of this quilt.








This is a quilt that I started making at our annual retreat last year - so August I think - I can never remember dates very well.

It has languished in my quilting room since then ... just waiting to put the main part of the blocks together and the sashings ....

so.....










Yesterday I sewed ... I am quite happy with the outcome.  I used the Moda Fabulous Fall range of fabrics for this quilt - very autumn and I just really like it.















Just need to finish the borders and put them on.


















On Sunday last, I tried my hand at making some redwork hearts ... they have gone to a friend in need of some hugs now ... but I thought I would show you all ... I think I have gotten the embroidery bug.





































And last but not least, I have finished a few more of Helen Stubbings "Life is Beautiful" stitcheries ... only three to go before I can start to put the quilt together.

Well, today I am once again dealing with tradesmen trying to get my shower back together ... a quilt on the machine and deadlines to meet.

So Happy Quilting until next time... Jane x

6 comments:

Hannele said...

Oh, both the Fassett quilt and your own are so beautiful! And the redwork embroideries are adorable. I've not done redwork myself, but would like to try. Every time I see ones like yours, the inspiration comes back, but there's so much I would like to try and so little time left over after the daily job and household...

Agapequilt said...

Super super..................
Bacietti

Rose Marie said...

I love those redwork hearts .... can you please let me know where you got the patterns or the name of the book?

Jane Monk said...

Hi Rose Marie - I got the redwork hearts from Dainty Stitches - here is the link in the brackets(http://www.secretsof.com/content/2882)

They have some wonderful redwork designs. Happpy stitching.
Jane
x

Annelies said...

I love working on Helen Stubbings quilt. I do like your blocks very much.

Yvette said...

Your Life is Beautiful stitcheries are so adorable! I just ordered these patterns and can't wait to get started.