Monday 24 May 2010

Weekend Retreat and Class Quilts

I went to retreat on the weekend with our Tasmanian Quilting Guild group - what a wonderful venue (Poatina).   I had a great time and got a lot of stuff done.

This little quilt top still needs borders ... but I am happy to have it done as I am teaching this quilt to a beginners Adult Education class in Launceston in July ... can't wait.



Here is the same quilt in a different colour way - this time I have used charm squares in the centre of the blocks.















 I sewed all the centre bits for my Double Wedding ring quilt - that took a long long time.











Used my curved piecing foot to do the curved ends - this was so easy - no pinning and great curved seams.










Hand stitched a heap of my stars together - this is for a quilt I am making using Robyn Pandolph fabrics - I purchased a whole heap of left over scraps off the lovely Christine about a year or so ago and this project is progressing nicely.








I played with my embellishment machine - I was lucky enough to get this for mothers day and left it in the box to play with at retreat - what a great machine - I could go to town with this one ... I really slapped this piece together just to see what the machine could do ... the possibilities if I actually take time to plan what I wanted to do.   Fun fun fun.











It does some really cool scrunching of the fabric ... then I stitched all over with metallic gold thread to give it a lift.









I would like to add some beading and edging to the top of the journal cover still.











A few weeks ago I did a dangerous thing ... I picked up my old crochet hook - I haven't done anything like this since I started quilting in about 2002/03 - I could really get hooked into it again - pardon the pun - lol!

I made this easy scarf in about three hours one night ... my own pattern but it is just crocheting in the holes rather than in the stitches and a ball of varigated wool.  Very warm and snuggly.   I am now making a cowel ... no pic yet but it will be finished pretty soon ... got to do something warm on these very cold nights we are having.

And last, but not least - the Wedding Party - that was the theme of our retreat and a few people got dressed up - I conned the resturant manager to stand in as the groom - he was a lovely lad - great service manager.

Do you recognise any of these people - what about that bride - a few buns in the oven I think ... what a great retreat - lots of laughs and fun, nice food, warm beds, great company and lots of work done.

Okay ... off to do some work now.   Happy quilting for now .... Jane x

2 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Looks like a fun time by all!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

woohoo you have been very busy

cheers
Christine