Tuesday 10 August 2010

Working in the Quilt Room & Dinner

I have spent a lovely three day weekend at Quilt Retreat ... I didn't sew an awful lot but did put together 140 odd blocks for a quilt I am making for my brother ... green green and more green .   I need to lay it out now and sew the blocks up, I am very happy with it though.   The lovely Helen sewed up a table runner that I had cut the pieces out for ... she is quick ... she also made some lovely girly girl quilts herself and I will have to get her permission to show them here later.  So I am back in the quilt room now attached to my quilting machine.  Here are a couple of quilts I have to show you.

Rae made this lovely Ricky Timms Convergence Quilt and added the lovely flowers... I have stitched around each flower and then filled in the aqua coloured blocks with a simple background filler.  The borders are done with a freehand leaf vine with a repeat of the flowers in the corner blocks.   It is a very cute little quilt.

























This is a lovely stitchery quilt that one of my customers made - she didn't want very much quilting in the stitcheries, and you can see that I haven't put a lot, just enough to anchor the blocks and my stitching follows the block and stitchery lines so as not to be obtrusive.


































And last but not least, trout was on the menu last night.   My husband caught this up at Arthur's Lake in Central Tasmania on the weekend (we had two) ... it was very nice - wrapped in baking paper and then alfoil and cooked on the bbq, served with some lovely salad ... eaten before a photo could be taken - lol!

The quilting machine has a lovely drunkards path quilt on it at the moment ... another custom quilt that I am enjoying quilting...I have always wanted to make one of these ... one day!

Happy quilting for now ... Jane x

No comments: