Wednesday 24 February 2010

Shhhh ... quiet quilting

This is some custom quilting I have been doing on a customer quilt - I want to show you - but can't show you the whole quilt .... but you can see little bits ... I really really enjoyed doing this quilt - even though it took ages - having free license to quilt is quite a lot of fun.  What do you think?















The circles look pretty good with the pebble effect near them.
And I was surprised to find this in my mail this week ... The new Down Under Textiles magazine - 1st issue - it is very good with lots of information on how to do stuff. 
Imagine my surprise when I opened it up to this page and saw my photograph with my lovely journal covers ... how great is that!  it was a bit of inspiration the day I took the photo of some of my journals piled up high in the sun ... a great visual I think.   This is going to be a "must" magazine for me I think.

 
  
And as an aside ... I want these two cabinets... they would look lovely in my sewing room and look at all those drawers ... sigh ... maybe in my next life!

Anyway ... Happy Quilting for now .... Jane x

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilting looks fantastic, what speed would you quilt designs like that and do you do any marking for the quilting?

I will have to bite the bullet and have a go at some custom work and step out of my comfort zone.

Love your journal covers in the magazine, hope you have a good holiday

cheers
Christine

Valentina said...

The quilting is superb! What texture!
and your journals... CONGRATULATIONS!
How exciting!
:)
V.